[linux-audio-dev] MIDI Clock and ALSA seq

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 09:11:01 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to hack up a quick app that sends MIDI clock pulses in sync
with a ringbuffer playback.

I've got it reading MIDI (thanks to Matthias' great exmaple code), but I
cant figure out how to send MIDI clock pulses explicitly. The ALSA seq
interface lets me set it up to go automatically, but I want to send a
clock pulse every 1/24th of the buffer, so the sync is correct.

I dont think I can use raw MIDI because I need the ALSA seq for other
apps, on the same MIDI port.

- Steve

PS I know there are several apps that can, or will be able to do this, but
   I need it to work by saturday. Its disposable code.