[linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE SonaSound

Niklas Werner bergtroll at gmx.li
Mon Feb 24 05:52:01 UTC 2003

Hi LADers!

I released a realtime Music-visualization-program (my master's thesis)
on http://sonasound.sf.net.
It's probably more of academic use at the moment. Licensed under GPL.

Maybe there is some interest.

Features are:
- Waveform-Display
- short-time-spectrum
- sonogram
- spectrum-generation switchable between lpc and fft
- Major kinds of windowing functions choosable
   - Different kinds of windowing functions are directly comparable via
live-switching
   - Overlap of 50% can be switched on and off without stopping
- Buffer-Size and FFT-Size freely adjustable
- All Displays work from soundfile while playing or direct live-input
from soundcard
- Comparison of different spectrum-generation-methods via multiple
instances fo SonaSound possible

Libraries needed:
- fftw (www.fftw.org)
- glib >= 1.2
- gtk >= 1.2
- gtkglarea
- GL
- GLU
- portaudio (www.portaudio.com) (Yes, I know, switching to JACK might help)
- sndfile >= 1.0

There are many features I would like to add and a few
not-so-good-features I'd like to clean up.

Have fun*

Niklas