[linux-audio-dev] BruteFIR + jack = crackling noise?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Feb 25 10:48:00 UTC 2003

>BTW, can JACK handle several HW interface using different blocksizes
>at a time (assuming sample frequencies are coherent) ?

multiple devices: we leave that to ALSA. we just open one ALSA PCM
	  device, which may or may not correspond to a hardware
	  audio interface. ALSA can handle a variety of these
	  situations, but AFAIK, it does not handle sample clock
	  drift and related issues.

different blocksizes: hard to even define, really, but pretty much
	  beside the point given that multiple devices are handled
	  by ALSA.

--p