[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Fwd: ams segmentation fault]

Dr. Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Thu Jan 2 05:11:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

[...]
> But, I am unable to get ams to run. It appears to compile OK. But, as
> noted below, running it results in a "Segmentation fault".
Unfortunately I can not reproduce it and I have no idea what could be
wrong. I tried what happens if ams is started with no LADSPA plugins
installed (could have been an empty list problem) but this works well.

> The version of g++ is 2.95.4.
I use gcc-3.2. There has been a problem with uninitialized variables some
months ago and in this case gcc-2.95 ans gcc-3.x behaved differently.
Can you perhaps try ams-1.3.3 ? This definitely worked with gcc-2.9.5.

> I'm not sure what other information would be useful to you in helping me
> to sort this out. If there is anything else I should tell you, please
> let me know.
What happens if you start ams without jackd and as "normal" user ?

BTW the AlsaModularSynth project has been moved to Sourceforge:
http://alsamodular.sourceforge.net/

There are two mailinglists: Alsamodular-devel and Alsamodular-user.
The lists already work and you are invited to subscribe. The project page
is still under development.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni