[linux-audio-dev] 1.5 ms latency possible?

David Seymour David at benchmarkmedia.com
Thu Jan 2 11:13:01 UTC 2003

Actually what I'm talking about is simply monitoring. Tons of people have
trouble monitoring when recording digitally simply becayse that can't
monitor off of the A/D in real time. The RME DSP and the Lynx cards take
care of this with a seperate digital router that basically takes the digital
signal off of the A/D and shoots it right back to the D/A to send out to the
console or headphone system for monitoring. You can then toss on any FX you
desire. I honestly set up a distant mic for my reverb stuff and put digiverb
on it if the singer needs it.

David Seymour
Benchmark Media Systems
800-262-4675