[Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=5BJackit-devel=5D2=2E4=2E20=C2?= + lowlat +preempt + alsa + jack = dead computer

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jan 4 15:37:00 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 12:17, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 01:49, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> > There's no sign of a deadlock or a livelock in these traces.  It just
> > looks like these tasks are asleep and not waking up.
> >
> > > Each time I break into the debugger I see one of the jack related
> > > processes as the current process. No other processes, so I assume the
> > > SCHED_FIFO ring is still running but everything else is being blocked by
> > > the mark_inode_dirty call.
> >
> > Why do we not believe that this is an application bug?
>
> Last time I tried, this did not happen in 2.4.19 so I assumed it was a
> problem in 2.4.20 (boot into 2.4.19, no problems, boot into 2.4.20,
> lockups, same everything else). Other users have reported this as well
> (in 2.4.20 only AFAIK). Other users are using the exact same versions of
> jack and associated software under a 2.4.19 kernel intensively (through
> Planet CCRMA) and have not reported lockups.

BZZZZT! Wrong answer... :-) see related thread, people are reporting
lockups on 2.4.19 as well. Paul: any suggestions on what I could look
for?

-- Fernando