[linux-audio-dev] more on XAP Virtual Voice ID system

Tim Hockin thockin at hockin.org
Wed Jan 8 03:30:00 UTC 2003

> I dont think that matters, eg. my favourite exmaple, the gong synth. If
> you issue a voice on it will initialise the gong graph in its stabel
> state, and when you sned a velocity signal (or whatever) it will simulate
> a beater striking it.

I'd expect it to work quite differently.  I'd expect it to initialize a
stable state, and whenever a VOICE_ON comes in, latch the velocity,
beater-hardness, and strike coordinates.  Perhaps damping would be a
continuous control.

Each new strike would be a VOICE_ON and each new strike would affect the
global graph.  Really it is monophonic.  Each new voice inherits state from
the prior voice.