[linux-audio-dev] Networking Linux audio folks (was Unified Audio Plugin Architecture (Meeting))

Josh Green jgreen at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 8 20:00:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 16:18, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 13:54, Tim Hockin wrote:
> > > If anyone can get to this, it would be a great idea. I might even
> > > consider using a frequent flyer ticket for this. not sure yet.
> >

> > Hrrm, Anaheim is a 6 hour drive for me (Finally!  Not being in Europe pays
> > off!!)
>
> Sounds like you might be up here in the Bay Area with me?

Since we are mentioning living locations.. I'm in the foothills of the
Sierras, about an hour east of Sacramento, CA.
I was thinking recently, it would be cool to start up some sort of
networking of Linux Audio folks, enthusiasts, phreaks, etc :) What I
envision would be something like an online database where one could
register themselves (their location info and other things about
themselves). People traveling to some location could lookup who is in
that area and contact people to see about meeting in person. Its nice to
see the faces behind the names :) I could see something like this really
benifiting the Linux audio community.
I remember something similar being discussed on LAD a while back (but I
think it was about networking of Linux Audio prefessionals for contracts
and jobs, correct me if I'm wrong), perhaps this idea could be added to
that same database.. Anyways.. Just rambling on.

Cheers.
	Josh Green