[linux-audio-dev] (fwd) Unified Audio Plugin Architecture

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Thu Jan 9 06:03:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 05:12:47PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
[cut]
>The way I read Paul's note they are not restricted, therefore they are
>public. Wouldn't want to drive that far and find out differently.
[cut]

Not sure whether this fits in here,
but I thought it might be interesting.

I forwarded the message to someone
I know at Access Music (makers of such
synths as the Indigo :), who will be
joining the meeting before he visits NAMM.

He started out hacking on Linux
some years ago, now uses Mac OS X too.
He has a *huge* knowledge in audio
programming and somewhat of a distaste
for proprietary lock-ins (M$ anyone ?).

He started ampfea, a meeting place
for electronic artists, which could
be of interest to you (http://www.ampfea.org).

Anyway, just to say that there are going
to be people who are very like minded
there too.

I think its a great opportunity for anyone
who can go to get their voice heard.
Valid technical points always get over,
when other technical people are listening.
Political speeches will be banned, as it
should be :)
I think the main topic is audio, a central
plugin API and not politics or marketing.

have fun,