[linux-audio-dev] Re: (fwd) Unified Audio Plugin Architecture (Meeting) (Paul Davis )

RonKuper at Cakewalk.com RonKuper at Cakewalk.com
Thu Jan 9 11:23:00 UTC 2003

> Why not?  Shouldn't these sorts of discussions be wiiiiide open, Paul?
> Or is it just a matter of it being too soon, and thus there being
> nothing to talk about?

The discussions will of course be wide open, most likely held on an email
listserv, once one gets set up.  To encourage more participation, it is also
likely that the discussion will be overseen by the IASIG rather than the
MMA.

Right now the whole proposal is in the "idea" stage.  There is no definite
spec.  I think the ultimate aim would be to cherry pick the best of what's
out there, and try to build a standard that is both "best of breed" and
"lean and mean" -- if such a thing is possible. :-)