[linux-audio-dev] XAP: Some thoughts on control ramping

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Jan 21 12:23:01 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 17.24, Paul Davis wrote:
> some guys from ohm force mentioned at the unified plugin api
> meeting on sunday that they and a number of other people on the
> music-dsp (or perhaps some other list) have written a 60 page
> document on proposals for a plugin API. they left the meeting
> before i could get a url (they had a copy with them - this is not
> vaporware).
>
> it seems like it would be worth reading before going to far further
> with XAP.

Yes, definitely. Couldn't find anything on the 'net, so I mailed them.

BTW, Google told me the OpenBeOS guys are/were up to something. From
the initial discussion, it seems like what they have in mind is
*very* entangled with OpenBeOS system services, but it would still be
interesting to see how they handle connections, control ramping,
instrument voice control and stuff.