[linux-audio-dev] RE: [Jackit-devel] Re: k_jack v0.0.0.5

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 22 14:11:01 UTC 2003

> I'll still put Jack in the console, I think, to keep it off my desktop, and
> just look there occasionally to see how things have been going.
>
> Actually, can I somehow take the jackstart output that goes to the F2
> console and pipe it to a file that I could look at from KDE? That would be
> nice too.

cd somedir
jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw &>jack.log
(if using the bash shell)

somewhere else:
cd somedir
tail -f jack.log
(checks at 1 second intervals for new stuff in the file)

Obviously jack.log keeps growing and growing without bounds...
-- Fernando