[linux-audio-dev] sooperlooper goes PD

jfm3 jfm3 at ouroboros-complex.org
Wed Jan 22 14:42:00 UTC 2003

IMHO, a fancy GUI for a real time effect like this one is a bit of a
wasted effort. You typically use this thing from your geetar and a pedal
board that sends program change messages. With the PD front end, you can
replace the pedal board with anything, including results of audio
analysis (i.e. "start recording when you hear me play above A5", "match
your loop length to this drum track".). One doesn't ever really clicky
on the "RECORD" button with this from the console.

It might be nice if this sort of functionality melded into ssm, where
you could see the loop displayed around the circle... There would be a
visual cue then for when the loop was about to repeat, which can be hard
to find when the loop is > 10s long...

But at that point, we're adding features to the virtual edp, and we
haven't even covered all the "loop IV" firmware features yet...