[linux-audio-dev] python sound

Kai Vehmanen kai.vehmanen at wakkanet.fi
Thu Jan 23 17:19:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, david casal wrote:

> Just wondering whether people can point me towards any python+sound
> activity out there, other than OMDE/PMASK and Thomas Grill's 'pyext' for
> PD. Anybody playing with real-time concerns?

Pyecasound is one such package. Basicly it's an implementation of the
Ecasound Control Interface, which allows you to control the "real-time
signal processing" core of ecasound from python. It does _not_ allow you
to modify, generate or consume the actual audio data in python. But you
can control effect parameters in real-time, start/stop/seek, and
issue other such control operations easily from python.

More info at:
http://www.eca.cx/
http://www.eca.cx/eca_links.htm
    -> check for instance 'heteca' and 'ecaenveloptor', both
       written in python using pyecasound
http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/Documentation/

--
 http://www.eca.cx