[PD-announce] Re: [linux-audio-dev] ANN: k_jack v0.0.0.5 and Mammut v0.15

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Fri Jan 24 07:57:00 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> > k_jack performs okey. You dont have to run things with realtime priority.
>
> What does "cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0[cp]/sub0/[hs]w_params" output
> while you are running k_jack? This information should help us understand
> the benefits of k_jack over current jackd.

I'm at work now, and we ~only have delta cards. At home I use a built-in
sound-card on an nforce chipset. But I get nearly the same good
performance in pd here as at home. So here is delta44 parameters:

kjetism at hensten /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/sub0 $ more hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 12
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 64
buffer_size: 1728
tick_time: 1953
kjetism at hensten /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/sub0 $ more sw_params
tstamp_mode: NONE
period_step: 1
sleep_min: 0
avail_min: 64
xfer_align: 64
start_threshold: 1811939328
stop_threshold: 1811939328
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size: 0
boundary: 1811939328
kjetism at hensten /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/sub0 $

kjetism at hensten /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0 $ more hw_params
access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: S32_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 10
rate: 44100 (44100/1)
period_size: 64
buffer_size: 1728
tick_time: 1953
kjetism at hensten /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0 $ more sw_params
tstamp_mode: NONE
period_step: 1
sleep_min: 0
avail_min: 64
xfer_align: 64
start_threshold: 1811939328
stop_threshold: 1811939328
silence_threshold: 0
silence_size: 0
boundary: 1811939328
kjetism at hensten /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0 $

Pd is v0.35, running as normal user, no special hardware options except
"-alsa".