[linux-audio-dev] Linux Audio Hardware Selection

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Fri Jan 24 11:56:01 UTC 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 17.27, Paul Davis wrote:
[...]
> >(btw, why jackd doesn't read /etc/jackrc or ~/.jackrc ?)
>
> because that means we have a config file, which means we need a
> config file parser, which means we need to replicate a bunch of
> code or link against another library. if jackd was a commonly
> executed command for users, i could justify that. as it is, i
> can't.

Seems like it would be useful for the "no jackd" case, though. (Or
you'd have to force code changes upon applications anyway.)

For Kobo Deluxe, I just hacked a simple integrated command line and
config file parser. Inherit the parser class, add your argument
variables and implement a function that registers the variables. Then
tell it to read your config file and/or hand it argc + argv. You can
have default values and check whether default values were overidden,
and there's support for integers, floats, switches and strings.

Unfortunately, it's in C++, though the actual code is mostly C style,
and shouldn't be too hard to port. (The key registering won't look as
sexy, but that's no major issue.)

Licence is LGPL, like most of my engine/lib sort of stuff. I don't
have it as a separate package, but that can be arranged if there's
interest.