[linux-audio-dev] sooperlooper goes PD

Bob Ham node at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 25 14:21:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 13:03, Francois Dechelle wrote:

> > Could you not do something similar to the vst plugin?  Ie, have an
> > LADSPA_JMAX_PATH, or something, that has directories containing patches,
> > and have the ladspa .so build its list of plugins from scanning these
> > directories?  I don't know anything about jmax; is there something that
> > stops this from working?
>
> But even using this, you still have to pass to the plugin the name of
> the patch to be loaded, in case there are several patches (i.e. .jmax
> files) in the LADSPA_JMAX_PATH directories ?

I think there's some confusion here, so I'll be very specific.  In the
.so, the _init function would go through each patch file in each
directory and extract the information about them (eg, name, port
descriptors, etc) and build its list of ladspa descriptors from this
information.  The host interrogates this list, says "instantiate plugin
X" and the plugin would (some how) load the patch in jmax.

Where am I going wrong?

Bob