[linux-audio-dev] [OT] the small size of the audio marketplace

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Jan 30 18:21:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:36:28AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> that puts their valuation of Mackie at about $15.4M. i know that
> Mackie is a niche player, not working at the same level as, say,
> Gibson or Fender, but they are one of the preeminent trade mixer
> makers and they also make some damn cool products.

"niche"? I dunno... from what I've seen they are by far the biggest player
in the project studio & nightclub market for mixers. There's
really nothing better that doesn't cost a whole *lot* more.
If I had a dollar for every Mackie 1202 in the world...
hell, i wouldn't sneeze at a penny per 1202.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com