[linux-audio-dev] fruityloops on linux?

Paul Kellett paul.kellett at maxim.abel.co.uk
Fri Jan 31 08:42:00 UTC 2003

"Tim Hockin" <thockin at hockin.org> wrote:

> > > down because "It would be too hard to explain the code to someone".
> > >  That says to me that it is crappy code that the developer (one
> > > guy) does not want to document.
> >
> > Crappy code should be *fixed*, not documented, BTW. ;-)
>
> it should be both fixed AND documented

That's an Open Source view though. I don't think fruityloops code can be
called crappy, because it works very well and the end product is much loved
by it's users. Maybe the code is messy and undocumented (I don't know, none
of us have seen it) but it is completely their decision if they want to
work like that. And if most of the information is in one guy's head (like
it is in most music software companies I think) at least that guy has
some job security!

Paul.

  m a x i m | digital audio

    http://mda-vst.com