[linux-audio-dev] LAD at the LinuxTag 2003 in Karlsruhe, Germany

Frank Neumann Frank.Neumann at st.com
Thu Jul 3 06:18:01 UTC 2003

Hello everyone,

next week, on July 10th - 13th, the LinuxTag, Europe's largest GNU/Linux
exhibition and congress, takes place again in Karlsruhe, Germany, and
once again several LAD "members" will be there with a booth to
demonstrate what some of you/us have developed in the past :-).

I'd like to invite anyone to come along, say hello and have some tech
babble with us :-). We, that is:
- Jörn Nettingsmeier, your faithful mailing list adminstrator
- Julien Patrick Claassen, showing text-mode applications (Ecasound,
Csound etc)
- Matthias Nagorni of SuSE, author of AlsaModularSynth, KAConnect and
other tools and docs
- Takashi Iwai, one of the main authors of ALSA
- Josh Green from California, developer of the Swami soundfont editor
(once called Smurf)
- Conrad Parker from Australia, author of the Sweep sound editor - he
will also have a presentation of Sweep during the public congress.
- and yours truly.

Also, some developers of the Glame editor (Richard Guenther, Alexander
Ehlert, Daniel Kobras) will be there (probably on Saturday/Sunday), and
also Werner Schweer, author of the MusE MIDI sequencer, will be there at
least one day on the weekend.

As in the last 2 years, our main focus will be to bring some of the
really great sound apps to public attention, help with install problems,
spread information on ALSA and Jack, exchange knowledge amongst
ourselves, and of course also to have a good time - with a little chance
to actually make some music :-). But even if you'd not visit our booth
(shame on you!), the LinuxTag is a great place to be.

_IF_ you plan to come and don't want to spend a few Euros on the
entrance fee (yes, it's not completely free anymore since last year), be
smart and register at the LinuxTag's homepage which will result in a PDF
generated for you that you print out and take with out as entrance
ticket. It's even under the GPL :-). Weird concept, I know, but the idea
is not that stupid after all - at least this keeps some of the kiddies
away (those who visited former LinuxTag events know what I mean).

For any and all information regarding the place, travel, accomodation
and so on, please visit http://www.linuxtag.org. Unfortunately, the
booth planning is not finished yet, so I cannot say right now what our
booth number will be - but it shouldn't be hard to find. Officially on
the exhibitor list, we are named "Linux Audio".

Hope to see you there,
Frank