[linux-audio-dev] OpenAFS and preemptible patch

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Mon Jul 7 15:28:04 UTC 2003

Hi Maarten,

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 06:54:21PM +0000, Maarten De Boer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been doing some tests with OpenAFS, and it hangs on me
> frequently. On the OpenAFS I found out that this is very likely
> caused by the preemptible patch. Knowing that a lot of people
> around here are using that patch, I'd like to ask if any of you
> have experienced the same, and know of a solution, or an alter-
> native that NFS which would work well with low latency kernels.

I experienced the same problem.  I posted on OpenAFS-info but nobody
came up with a solution or even indicated that the problem had been
looked into at all.

I'm cc'ing openafs-info on this thread so that maybe it will revive some
discussion of the topic. :)

Thanks,
--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253