[linux-audio-dev] Hartman Neuron

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Tue Jun 3 04:33:01 UTC 2003

>http://www.sequencer.de/neuron/neuronal.html
>This synth has a mainboard running Linux inside :)
>Seems like not only Stanton (Final Scratch) is relying on
>Linux in the pro audio world these days ..

Linux has all the right ingredients for a good general-purpose audio
i/o processing platform.  The API's are fresh and well thought out,
and expanding rapidly to accomodate the needs of performance app
writers.

It should come as no surprise... in fact, I would say stand back and
watch: just as embedded Linux systems have revolutionized the
networking appliance realm, so too will it happen with the 'musical
instrument appliance' market.

Here at Access we only use Linux as a lab tool for testing purposes,
but it is feasible that a synth manufacturer could base a product
around the Linux platform.  Hartmann have done it, a few other known
synth brands are doing it too.

There is little doubt that Linux has a firm hold in the embedded
world, these days... and in that realm, it has a lot to offer.

--

;

Jay Vaughan
r&d>>music:technology:synthesizers - www.access-music.de/