[linux-audio-dev] 8bit sound wav playing to a 16bit sound card...

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd at mega-nerd.com
Fri Jun 13 17:50:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:39:23 -0400
Derrick <derrick at logicalsi.com> wrote:

> Downloaded the xmms dirver and installed the libsndfile library but XMMS still
> plays the sound fast... And also Crashes... I'm wondering if it's just my
> sound card.  :-(``````

You have to disable the native XMMS wave reader. Do this by

   0) Start XMMS
   1) Click on the XMMS windo to bring up a menu and go to
         Options->preferences
   2) Go to Audio I/O Plugings
   3) Find the one called "Wave Player" and disable it using the "Enable plugin"
      radio button.
   4) Make sure "libsndfile input pluging 1.1" is enabled"

Now try playing that WAV file again.

Erik