[linux-audio-dev] Re: [MusE] More ideas :) [Track freeze] - Alsa Sequencer

Jay Vaughan seclorum at mac.com
Mon Jun 16 01:17:00 UTC 2003

>Agreed, and even some of the good hardware sytns are becoming software
>dependent. i.e. With my AN-200 not all of the parameters can be accessed
>through the hardware interface.. I have to boot into that other OS to
>run the software to create patches with all the flexibility that the
>device offers.

I think this is a really sucky direction for synthesis to take, actually.

You can turn on and play a MiniMoog without needing anything else
around.  To have to boot up a lumbering behemoth of a PC just to be
able to edit patches, well ... that's just not hardware synthesis.

Hardware synthesis means *nothing* else but what is in front of you
is needed in order to realize the potential of the hardware.  At
least, that's what it means to us, anyway ...

--

;

Jay Vaughan
r&d>>music:technology:synthesizers - www.access-music.de/