[linux-audio-dev] 2nd LAD conference in Karlsruhe

Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Tue Jun 17 07:57:00 UTC 2003

Hello,

as both the participants of the 1st LAD conference and people at ZKM
enjoyed the meeting, Frank and I asked for the possibility to hold a
second meeting at ZKM next year.

The answer was positive and therefore we can announce that the 2nd LAD
conference is planned to take place April 29th - May 2nd 2004 at ZKM Karlsruhe.
the option to have more room. In addition to the rooms we had for the last
conference, we now have the option to also use a hall which is about double
the size of the lecture hall we used for the last meeting. This hall is even
more attractive since it is the recording studio of ZKM and can also serve as
a concert hall. This time there is also the option to invite artists who
actually do music with Linux software.

Early registrations (email either me or Frank Neumann <Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com>)
would help us to estimate the approximate scale of the event which can be
even larger than last time. If you can do a talk or presentation please let
us know the subject and estimated time you need for this. Depending on the
number of talks we can decide whether we will have two parallel sessions.

If the program of the event is fixed earlier than last time, this will
help to advertise it in journals and among relevant companies. It might
also help to find possible sponsors.

Updates on this will follow from time to time.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni
SuSE Linux AG