[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA hints (part II)

Mike Rawes mike_rawes at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 3 14:53:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:12:14 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> i like the recently suggested new hints. i'd like to add the
> following, which would allow hosts to do the right thing with
> both SooperLooper and SC4, which are the first (only?) LADSPA plugins
> to have control output ports,

The sum, product and branch plugins in 'blop' have control outs, too.
They're trivial though, and their purpose isn't the same - they're
pretty useless on their own.

> but use them in very different ways. its
> almost impossible as it stands to build a GUI for them both that does
> them justice.

METER hint: Is this the same idea as the informative/data port
distinction that Steve mentioned? I'm starting to see the need for this
for similar reasons as for the CONTINUOUS_CONTROL hint (improved
automation). I've not used Ardour, though (don't have the need or the
hardware, yet :), so I'm not sure what it does with control-out ports
right now.

-
Mike