[linux-audio-dev] shared memory tools?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Tue Mar 11 01:17:01 UTC 2003

>From: "Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen at notam02.no>
>
>Just define a common filename_prefix for all your processes,
>and let them call the function:
>You can find aipc at http://www.notam02.no/arkiv/src/k_jack.tar.gz/aipc/

I will take a look at it as soon as possible. Thanks.

>From: rm <async at cc.gatech.edu>
>> Could somebody please write these routines to me?
>
>	yikes!  [ insert nasty comment here ]

What is wrong in asking somebody expert to write these routines for me?
Should I write slowly everything myself and feel like a brave hacker,
or should I just get the application written as soon as possible?

The old hacker tradition a la A. Cox et al (did he wrote some memo on
open source coding) should be forgotten yesterday. If people need utils
or algorithms, they should be encouraged to ask them instead of spending
days in thinking the best approach (which could kill all the fun).

In any case, change in attitude does not make a harm at all, instead,
we might end up to see more finished software, and less unfinished
software. Experience talks.

Best regards,

Juhana