[linux-audio-dev] Re: [jmax] Running a patch as a LADSPA plugin

Francois Dechelle Francois.Dechelle at ircam.fr
Tue Mar 18 07:41:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 12:46, Steve Harris wrote:

> Yes, but the ID number would be created from a hash of the unqiue
> identifier (eg. a URI), so it would be consistant between sessions.

What would be this unique identifier in the case of the jMax plugin? The
full path name?

Anyhow, this would be for a new version of LADSPA, I guess. What should
I do for now: use a range of IDs that will be reserved for jMax plugin?
The plugin will then allocate IDs for each patch, but as you noticed,
this set may have changed when you reload .

> Not cleanly. You do can hacks with /tmp files and control values, but they
> are messy.

May be use an environment variable to tell in which directory to look
for the files, and a control value to give the file number in this
directory ?

François