[linux-audio-dev] Modular synths of the world, unite and take over :-)

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Mar 18 16:59:00 UTC 2003

>Hey, the broken-record technique works ;)

it sure does. what would you like me to repeat next ?

>> probably at least a half-dozen companies doing this today - should
>> they all sit down and work out how to make their stuff interoperable
>> beyond a 12V/octave standard?
>
>Er, actually several of the compaines make hardware that is interoperable,
>including Doepfer. You can plug AS modules into a Doepfer frame for
>example.

bad analogy on my part. i should have said "should they all sit down
and merge their design efforts so that their stuff all looks the same,
has the same knobs and switches, and uses the same internal circuit
components?" you can, of course, plug any JACK-enabled modsynth into
any other one, but this doesn't really answer the question.