[linux-audio-dev] Echo Darla/Gina/Layla/... on Linux

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Tue Mar 18 18:01:00 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 21.24, Paul Davis wrote:
[...CVS, bugzilla etc...]
> with all due respect, you are talking about somewhere between
> 1-5000 lines of code that would take someone experienced about 3
> days to get to 60% functionality. once it reaches that point, ALSA
> will happily take it on, and you get CVS and the ALSA mailing lists
> to use.

Yeah, I have to agree. Using separate CVS and stuff is overkill. We
can just mail patches if we hack on more than one front before going
into the ALSA tree, and put a "current version" archive somewhere.

BTW, I think the C++ driver actually is a lot more than 5000 lines of
code - but it looks like it's because of lots and lots of
copy/pasting. I think we can get something cleaner and more compact
if we just take a look at the feature set of the full range of cards
before hacking away. Implement the features, and then enable the ones
available on each model. The models are *very* similar on the driver
side.