[linux-audio-dev] Interface with real modules

Lukas Degener AFBLukas at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 04:56:00 UTC 2003

Thomas Webb wrote:

>yeah, the main thing I was thinking of was using an
>analogue filter.. The medical company I work for has
>this real hightech voltmeter (high res and
>everything).  I can probably get that to work
>perfectly with any modules. The only problem is it's
>freaky expensive. Too bad a standard soundcard won't
>work quite right.

So actualy we would need a CV to MIDI (or similar) converter, that is
cheaper than those hightech voltmeter, Thomas mentions.
With all the "real" module systems (Moog, Doepfer, and friends) existing
for so long now, i wonder if those companies haven't already thought
about a solution for this particular problem. Or is it just "techincaly"
difficult?

Lukas