[linux-audio-dev] Echo Darla/Gina/Layla/... on Linux

Ranjit Singh ranjit at sukhisoft.com
Thu Mar 20 13:42:01 UTC 2003

>My only interest is in th interface components useful in making a device
>driver.

Sure. I was just curious as to whether there was scope at a later to date to
play with the DSP code.

I've looked at the source again (cheers, David ;) and I can see what David
means, in that for each device (Darla20, Darla24 etc) there is a block of
data defined eg in Darla20DSP.c (in the DSP folder) which is the microcode to
load into the DSP.

So we don't need to mess about with that at this stage, if ever- TBH the hex
doesn't look like code seqs to me (especially the Mia stuff) more like tables
of setup info. Still, as you say, it's irrelevant to what we're doing, which
is to interface that DSP to higher level functions.

Sorry if all this is obvious; hopefully writing up our understanding of what's
going on will help others.