[linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag in July - who's in?

Frank Neumann Frank.Neumann at st.com
Mon Mar 24 09:23:01 UTC 2003

Hello list,

the first LAD conference is just over, but there is already the next
event at the horizon which needs to be planned for timely. I am talking
about the next LinuxTag (http://www.linuxtag.org - though it seems they
have problems with their NS entry right now..), Europe's largest
exhibition on all kinds of topics dealing with our favourite OS. It
takes place from July 10th - 13th, 2003, and again - surprise, surprise
:-) - in Karlsruhe.

As in the past years, open-source projects are given a chance to present
their work there (without having to pay any booth fees), and we did this
during the last 2 years (and even quite successfully, I might add).

I had a short E-mail talk with Martin 'Joey' Schulze, who is again
responsible for allotting the space for the open-source booths, and I
think we have a good chance of getting one again.

The idea of this booth would be to present the current LAD developments
to the masses. That is e.g sample editing, recording, MIDI sequencing,
score editing, soft synthesizing and soon on. If possible, I'd also very
much like to have some ALSA developers there again as..uhm.."technical
consultants" :-).
It's 4 days of work, but quite interesting, you learn a lot, and I think
most of you who were there the last 2 years somewhat enjoyed the show
:-).

Of course, what is required now is - you. The last 2 years we had about
6 - 10 people who ran the booth which gives everyone a chance to take a
break after 3 hours of constant demo'ing :-). Anyone who is willing to
devote some 4 - 5 days of his time to this project, please let me know.
If we get together enough personnel, there is a good chance for this
booth becoming reality once more.

Thanks for reading,
Frank