[linux-audio-dev] Kylix

nickt nicktsocanos at charter.net
Fri May 9 09:46:00 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 03:36, Richard Spindler wrote:
> Am Fre, 2003-05-09 um 02.53 schrieb nickt:
> > Well, Linux just isn't a good RAD platform.
>
> Well, I prefer to use wxDesigner (http://www.roebling.de/) and python
> (http://www.python.org/) for RAD and I really like it.
>
> For me, python is something I'd really call a 'RAD-Programming-Language'

I love Python but I need C++.

C/C++ isn't a good RAD language, but you can do RAD/Visual GUI work with
it. Borland C++ Builder was the best tool I ever used for doing this.

I don't need RAD so much as a I need an intelligent GUI design tool with
an IDE I can build with it. Qt-designer would work.

I need to be able to do things I am finding hard with FLTK. With Kylix
it has an API that is really easy to use.

I think I am going to take the Qt plunge and find out how it works. Qt
would be better because it's widely available to many people. But Kylix
uses Qt underneath the API.