[linux-audio-dev] Re: MVC

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 10 14:52:00 UTC 2003

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 08:41:02 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> yes, its a widely known moniker, but its not a widely used practice. i
> know that in GTK+, you have to basically be willing to tolerate
> feedback loops between the model and the view, so that when one is
> changed, the other gets changed, which might change the first one

Funny you should say that, I've been having problems with it in JAM
recently. My impression (bear in mind I'm a GTK newbie) was that you are
suppesed to use the GtkAdjustments as the model. Sadly I cant in a few
situations for complicated reasons, and those cause problems.

I have a state depth pointer that supresses the feedback if it goes >1 and
gets incremented at each feedback point. Seems to work OK, but its a
kludge.

- Steve