[linux-audio-dev] Does NI run Traktor FS on Linux through Wine ?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 3 20:06:39 UTC 2003

Hallo,
Florian Schirmer hat gesagt: // Florian Schirmer wrote:

> Threading and file access functions are kind of sluggish but overall
> behaviour is very good. With some tweaks like direct ALSA & glibc interface
> the (worst case) latency and reliability are much better than under MS
> Windows.

May I forward this to the german Keyboards magazine? Just kidding. ;)

But maybe you could answer a question I have regarding the Traktor NML
format. Is this in some way protected under some kind of "intellectual
property" of NI? As more and more netlabels like Thinner now also
provide *.nml files for their releases, I intended to write a small Pd
external that parses and makes this information available inside of
Pd. This is easy to do, and I will do it anyway, but I just wonder if
I could distribute the plugin legally and under the GPL.

I mean, the file format is really simple XML, but I'm just a bit
cautious. Maybe overly cautious.

ciao