[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] libgig - Gigasampler file loader library

Christian Schoenebeck christian.schoenebeck at epost.de
Mon Nov 3 21:51:46 UTC 2003

Thanks to the great reverse engineering work of Paul Kellett and Ruben van
Royen I created this library. libgig is a C++ cross-platform loader library
for Gigasampler files.

The library consists of three parts:

	- RIFF classes for parsing arbitrary RIFF files
	- DLS classes which use the RIFF classes to parse and provide access to DLS
	  level 1 and 2 files
	- gig classes which are based on the DLS classes and provide the necessary
	  extensions for the Gigasampler file format

So you can also use the library for loading DLS files or RIFF files in
general, but the main focus is the Giga format, which you might get from the
name of this lib ;)

You can get the sources coming with tools / demo apps, API documentation, UML
diagram and a short kick start docu at:

	http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~cschoene/projects/libgig/

I claim that this library provides all articulation data the Gig format
contains. If you think I might miss some, let me know!

The library should be compilable on all platforms. Nevertheless I don't own a
non Intel system, so I can't test it; maybe it needs some minor adjustments
but I took care about endian and word size correctness when I wrote the lib,
so I'm quite confident it will work! Let me if you tried it on a non Intel
system!

Best regards
Christian Schoenebeck