[linux-audio-dev] Using Jack for "Control Volt" continued

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Mon Nov 10 14:33:59 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 November 2003 03:11, Paul Winkler wrote:

> Most audio circuits include "coupling" capacitors that block
> DC voltages. Transformers work too.  I would be amazed if any soundcard
> will pass a DC voltage.

I know of at least one manufacturer (Digital Audio Labs,
http://www.digitalaudiolabs.com/) that makes cards capable of this, although
even there you need to set an internal jumper to enable it (default=DC
blocked).  I'm told that this is because their products are frequently used
in general-purpose instrumentation setups, as well as strictly audio
applications.

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|  Some people say a front-engine car handles best.  Some people say a    |
|  rear-engine car handles best.  I say a rented car handles best.        |
|                                          --P.J. O'Rourke                |