[linux-audio-dev] Slashdot: linux-based music keyboard workstation released

drclaw at dogsolitude.org drclaw at dogsolitude.org
Tue Nov 11 19:02:54 UTC 2003

Well, just FYI, I got myself a laptop, Doepfer 88 hammer action
controller keyboard (with fully configurable midi signals and response
curves), a bunch of midi-footpedals, and and HDSP to plug into my laptop
for around that same price ($5k) to use as a linux audio workstation.  I
also welded together a mounting rack that bolts to the back of my
keyboard stand and holds all the other stuff quite well, really a rather
integrated package and everything comes apart and packs up nicely as
well.  However, this keyboard thingy we're talking about also looks
really sweet, heck, after tossing all my stuff togehter I was thinking
how it would be cool if people (maybe even myself) were to make
keyboards that were really just badass linux boxes on the inside to sell
to people.  I can certainly say that I'm glad it's been done, it's
(IMHO) a really cool and useful hardware concept, and a very good way
to showcase linux to the pro-audio world.

784 - Michael C. Piantedosi - drclaw at dogsolitude.org