[linux-audio-dev] jack-freezes

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Nov 12 23:14:20 UTC 2003

Hi,

this is a  plea for help. I want to find out which factor makes jackd
freeze on a client open, client close and client open again. So i would
ask all of you using jackd and ardour or jack-rack to test for that
behaviour and report the results along with system information back to
this list. Maybe there is some constant factor..

I can observe this behaviour with both jack-rack and ardour. The
procedure to make jack freeze is pretty much the same in both cases:

jack-rack:
start jackd
start jack-rack
close jack-rack
start jack-rack again

ardour:
start jackd
start ardour
open a session in ardour
close the session
open it again

My System info:

dist: debian unstable [updated pretty recently]

kernel: vanilla 2.4.22 kernel patched with LL, capabilities and Preempt

alsa: 0.9.8

jackd: 0.89.12
  i use: jackstart -R -d alsa -p 256 -n 2

ardour: Ardour/GTK 0.413.0 running with libardour 0.698.2

jack-rack: 1.4.3

Soundcard: terratec dmx xfire 1024 [snd-cs46xx]

Regards, Florian Schmidt

--
music: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm