[linux-audio-dev] Just for fun - Hearnet

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Fri Nov 14 16:22:40 UTC 2003

* Joern Nettingsmeier [Fri, 14 Nov 2003 at 11:36 +0100]
> :-D
>
> to further boost the uselessness of this wonderful thing, how about
> mapping different grains to protocol, port numbers and direction?

If boredom allows, I will probably do the following:
Make it extensible via a config file, so that you can specify your own
grains to play according to whatever libpcap filter you want. Everyone's
creativity can really flow then, and it might end up being useful. (I
actually wrote this in part to help gauge the rate that we're sending
network packets at work - my other attempts at timing are giving
ambiguous results, but my ear won't lie to me)

Make it stereo (or even more channels) so that inbound goes out one
speaker and outbound out the other. Again, probably configurable in a
config file along with libpcap filters.

Version 0.0.2 is already out. ChangeLog at the site.

--
 Hans Fugal                 | De gustibus non disputandum est.
 http://hans.fugal.net/     | Debian, vim, mutt, ruby, text, gpg