[linux-audio-dev] ANNOUNCE: QSynth 0.0.1 - Qt interface to fluidsynth

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Wed Nov 19 12:00:20 UTC 2003

[This has been announced on LAA already, but I gather crossposts are
expected.]

We'd like to announce the first alpha release of QSynth, an attractive
Qt front-end to fluidsynth.  QSynth is brought to you by Rui Nuno
Capela, developer of qjackctl, together with Richard Bown and Chris
Cannam of the Rosegarden team.

QSynth provides a simple front and configuration interface to the
fluidsynth software synthesiser to allow persistent storage of
fluidsynth configuration (and soundfonts) as well as providing visual
feedback and front panel controls for software synthesiser
parameters.  QSynth can be used either as a standalone player or in
conjunction with any compatible sequencers.  For more details,
screenshots, mailing list details and to download the source code
please visit:

  http://qsynth.sourceforge.net

Requirements are Qt3.1.1 and libfluidsynth.

Please let us know how you get on with it!

Chris