[linux-audio-dev] modular synth GUI status?

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Wed Nov 19 18:03:06 UTC 2003

Hello. Who of us are working on a modular synth GUI where user
grab&drag modules and connects them with cables? I'm myself
interested in the editor GUI development --- there already
are many modular audio engines, but not particularly good GUIs
(Quasimodo might be an exception if I remember correctly).

Below is a short list of modular synths. I'm still searching for
more. I will mail an updated list later, but at meanwhile you
could help me ;-)

Regards,
Juhana

 == cut ==
Name                Author                     Has cable-GUI   Has script-GUI
Nord Modular        Clavia                     Yes             No
Harmonizer/Vsig     Eventide                   Yes             Yes
Oasys               Korg                       ?               ?
Csound              Barry Vercoe               No              Yes
Cmusic              ?                          No              Yes
Quasimodo           Paul Davis                 Yes             No
PD                  Miller Puckette            Yes             No
PSK                 ?                          No              Yes
jmax                ?                          ?               ?
Nyquist (1)         R.B. Dannenberg            No              Yes
SAOL                ?                          No              Yes
??                  Creamware                  Yes             No
Arts                ?                          Yes             No
Vaz Modular         ?                          Yes             No
Reaktor             ?                          Yes             No
Tasman              ?                          ?               ?
SyncC modular       ?                          ?               ?
BlockCompiler       Matti Karjalainen          No              Yes
 == cut ==