[linux-audio-dev] Re: linux-audio-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 24

Stefan Nitschke stefan_nitschke at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:52:32 UTC 2003

>BTW: There is a prefech bug on AMD processors - try to run it recompiled
>with less optimization, newer kernels have workarounds.
>
>Another thing to try is to run memtest86 (SuSE has it in Lilo menu)
>let it run for a while (full night)

I solved the freezing problem by compiling jack to use a tmpfs
for its temp files!
BTW to get low latency working on that machine I had to switch down
from IDE DMA100 to DMA66 mode. Now I am sure that there is a nasty
bug with my ASUS A7V-266E board.
Nice to see that it is solved by just adding:

tmpfs /tmp/ramdisk/ tmpfs size=5M,nr_inodes=1k,mode=777 0 0

to fstab:)

Which RAM disk size is OK for jack?

- Stefan