[linux-audio-dev] Singing speech synthesis test with festival

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Thu Nov 27 06:24:13 UTC 2003

Well, I really wondered after that thread on speech synthesis
on how something done with festival would actually sound mixed up.
I this experiment in nearly half an hour, so dont think it's
something hard. I just wrote the voices in that xml-like syntax
festival uses for singing songs. Then I wrote a very
basic arrangement in cheesetracker, plus added
some effects and a bit of compressor to the voice.

The result is actually better than what I was expecting,
though it's hard to keep festival in tempo.

Here's the little thing I did:

http://reduz.com.ar/songs/evilrobot.ogg

Have fun!

Juan Linietsky