[linux-audio-dev] Tracker

Billy Biggs vektor at dumbterm.net
Thu Nov 27 02:42:10 UTC 2003

Benjamin Flaming (lad at solobanjo.com):

> > Because I agree that these politics make Linux awkward for a new
> > developer who may be wary or unable to release source code.  I am
> > not sure how best to approach this.
>
> [...] but I'm puzzled by your mention of authors being "unable" to
> release their code. [...]

  I have seen these cases specifically:

  1. Windows freeware application developer lets a friend port to Linux.
  2. Company policy allows employees to post java programs on their
     website but have a long internal process to release source code.
  3. Program is a subset of a larger application with many co-developers
     who are turning it into a product.

  Based on these examples I am sure you can come up with more.

  -Billy