[linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi

Antonio Willy Malara behappy at maialone.com
Sun Nov 30 22:39:51 UTC 2003

On 2003.11.30 21:52, Robert Jonsson wrote:

> Fan noise, which is very much releated to the CPU power is also
> something to
> think about. Some laptops are noisy to the point that they are
> unusable for
> audio-work (or just about anything).
>
> /Robert

this is no issue for ppc-laptop, at least on my ibook the fan sleep
almost ever... all the heat is dissipated through the bottom surface.
the only noise is the hd spin

btw consider that new apple laptops dont have a card with line input or
so, only a headphone out, and you'll be obligated to buy some sort of
audio usb/firewire device. i've got an imic, but it dont work with jack
for format issues, i dunno what.. maybe bit packaging, and the plug
layer of alsa dont help

and yes, maaaaaaaaany audio tools are still little-endian-only-
compliant

when that'll change? this is UNIX, we can rack-mount tens of sparc
doing massive number crunching ;)

wil
---
Il jazz e' lasciare che la luce brilli, lasciarla essere.
		-- Keith Jarrett