[linux-audio-dev] Re: Linux VERSUS OSS ???

Thomas Webb magusofthedark at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 12:18:01 UTC 2003

> This abstraction layer already exists and it's
> called PortAudio.
> Under those constraints I think you'd be nuts not to
> use it.

I checked portaudio out and I actually like it. The
only reason I'm not using it is because it doesn't
have an abstraction for win & mac plugin stuff like
ReWire and VST... I'd contribute these things to
portaudio, but alas we run into a legal barrier *sigh*

I'm joining the portaudio mailing list just in case...