[linux-audio-dev] JACK tutorial

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 20 12:02:25 UTC 2003

>  I've recently been learning to use JACK, and I had a look around for
>  some kind of introductory article.  I couldn't find one, so I wrote
>  the tutorial I would have wanted, as I learnt.
>
>  The tutorial is here:
>  http://dis-dot-dat.net/jacktuts/starting/index.html
>
>  Please have a look, make suggestions.  Flames are fine, too.  Let me
>  know if I've made some huge error.  Or maybe I'm not doing things
>  the best way?  Whatever, let me know.

this is an excellent piece of work. i'd like to more-or-less
immediately add it the documentation available on the web site. there
are a few picky details that need fixing (e.g. we don't actually have
32 bits of sample resolution), but the overall sense of this is great.

are you OK with the idea of this going into the jack-www CVS
repository? i can give you write access there so that you can commit
new changes if you want, or you can just feed them through the
jack-devel mailing list.

actually, this seems like the perfect sort of document to put into a
wiki, but at present, we don't one set up for the JACK web site. i
don't know if antti has time to do this, but either way, it would be
very nice to set that up so that we can get real community feedback
and have the document improve in many different ways.

--p