[linux-audio-dev] ALSA midi driver

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 20 18:26:46 UTC 2003

>I know the IRQ and the Port - address-number of my MIDI - onboard controller.
>Are these information enough to write a short MIDI-driver for alsa ? If yes,

normally, this is very, very far from the information you need. the
only exception would be if it was a native MPU401 or serial MIDI
device, in which case ALSA already drivers for it.

writing a device driver means knowing which registers and memory
locations to set, reset, read, write, and when to do it.